Since we are dealing with a PDA early diagnosis.........
Dr Kirsten Barrett Cardiology Specialist told me in an email the night before, that I would have to leave Fi Bee with her at the hospital for about 4 hours the next morning April 16th. So having dropped our puppy, we were then told that they would call us after Dr B. analyzed all the available tests today, some will have results days later, and tell us just what was what so far. It was now 10:00am.
At 3:30pm we get the call we've been waiting for and go to the hospital. We, Fred and I, were taken to exam room 10 (I have spent too much time in this room in the past) and here comes one exhausted puppy, Dr B. and an Intern. Well it is good news Dr B. said, Fi Bee was terrific during all the testing. She also said Fi Bee may be a candidate for arthroscopic surgery rather than the more invasive open chest surgery. The Heart was normal size and no damage has been done so far! This was very big news. Dr B. couldn't be more thrilled that the choice was made for surgery here in California and the surgery team was hers, she predicted, if all goes well,( after all surgery is surgery) this playful adorable puppy will live a normal life.
Now next...... the team of doctors that will determine whether it is one surgery or the other. Yes, there will be a team headed as we said before by Dr Kirsten Barrett working on this little girl, 7 to be exact ,and they conference on a Thursday to review our case and then she will schedule all to do the surgery a Thursday in the next 2 weeks.
We are now waiting for the email from Dr Barrett for the final decision as to which surgery it will be and what we have to do beforehand. Fred, David, Sara and I, (our immediate family) are waiting for tomorrow. Thursday April 23rd. And the Blog goes on........... guardedly optimistic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be continued...FiBee...A Journey with Our Puppy (Part 4)